ISO 9001 procedures may be:
- Text-based procedures
- Flow-charts and process maps
- Customer specifications (see 7.5.4)
- British or International standards
- Product-related legislation (e.g. CE Regulations, CDM Regulations, etc.)
- Paper-based or electronic
ISO 9001 also refers to applicable regulatory requirements (1.1).
For example, in the UK:
- CDM Regulations apply in the construction industry
- IEE Regulations apply to electrical engineers
- CE Regulations apply in many industries
Decide which, if any, regulations apply to you.
Where there are regulations, they may require a greater level of documentation than ISO 9000.